Season: 6 / Episode: 13 / FX
And thus completes another season of cable’s most watched animated show. And it was ok. The middle stretch of episodes were spectacular, but the third act of the season limped to the finish with a lot of rehashed rehashes, a relationship front and center that was pretty unsatisfying, and probably one of the weaker season finales the show has had (depending on if you liked the Archer Vice season finale, which I did). There were still a good amount of laughs in this one with some time honored traditions being recognized (like Ray being crippled) along with a neurotic and delusional expert on the ship played by Portlandia’s Carrie Brownstein (just like Bryan Cranston’s astronaut from season 3 and the aquatic terrorist from season 4), but it wasn’t really enough to make this a great episode.
- “Oh yes, and everyone deserves credit for showing up and everyone’s Kickstarter has merit.”
- “Seriously, shit or get off the pot.” / “Ya know, back on the farm, it was literally a pot.”
- “Shhhh…There’s enough room in the world for science and miracles.”
- “I was just gonna tell you that he’s had the clap so many times it should be called applause.”
- “Maybe Krieger can get you some black bionic legs.” / “Just like Jesse Owens.”
- “We don’t have the technology for that!” / “Maybe the CIA should start a Kickstarter.”
- “Um Alex, I think my buzzer’s broken.”
- “Well, I don’t know about God’s Wrath.” / “Well you will Ms. Unwed Mother.”
- “Well what do you want me to do, transform into Captain Marvel and save the day?” / “I’d be happy if you could transform into Jackson Bostwick.”
- “Who has an entire submarine with no damn talcum powder on board.”
- “Maybe we can all live on the prize money she makes as a competitive eater.”
- “Sex. Inside my old lover’s body. I would be the ultimate cuckold.”
Are you following Black Nerd Problems on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Google+?