Season: 6 / Episode: 7 / FX
After having a pretty spectacular three episode run, Archer has cooled a little bit with some funny and kind of average (for Archer) episodes. This episode begins with Sterling calling the office so that Cheryl can finance his way home. Sterling is on the no-fly list (for trying to storm the pilot’s cabin so that he can fly it) and the no-train list (for trying to storm the conductor’s cabin so that he can…fly it), so the usual methods for him to get home won’t really apply. The beginning is a callback to one of Archer’s best episodes to date, “Midnight Ron” where Ron and Sterling have an adventure coming back to New York from Montreal (down to Cheryl saying, “It’s gonna sound like I’m hanging up, but…”). Honestly, I could see Archer doing this type of episode annually the way that Family Guy used to do the Stewie and Brian road trip episodes (or maybe they still do, I have no idea, I haven’t watched that show since Bob’s Burgers became Fox’s best animated show). So how did this one fare compared to the last “Sterling is stranded somewhere and needs to make it home” episode? Ehhhh, not nearly as well.
The synopsis is that Sterling (apparently blowing off steam from Lana’s stunt from the previous episode) convinces Cheryl to send her private jet to pick him up in Vegas to bring him back home. Of course she doesn’t just send the plane for him, she comes along with Ray piloting it and Cyril, Pam and Krieger along for the ride. Because Pam and Krieger are so hyped-up about seeing Area 51 from overhead, Ray is pressured into flying into the no-fly zone, getting the plane shot down in the process. When Ray has to make an emergency landing at Nellis Air Force Base, Sterling has to think fast to keep them from being arrested and detained.
- “Get her christened in a white church and I’ll throw in another fifty.” / “…Wow.”
- “Wow, I guess Pam came through here, huh? It’s like tracking a bear.”
- “Can you imagine how advanced their anal probe technology is compared to ours?”
- “Yeah…that’s what happens when your pig goes to the farm. It’s not like they keep him around for milk or anything.”
- “Pam, the truth is out there.” / “So you do believe me?” / “(Haha) Of course not, you big dumb idiot.”
- “What are you wearing.” / “What? It was in the pilot’s cabin. I think it looks sharp.” / “…really?”
- “Fine, I’ll wire you $1000 dollars for a plane ticket and a pre-flight whore.”